Why it Makes Sense to Hire a Pro
Many homeowners weigh their options before beginning a home project, often considering its size and scope, their budget and their own technical abilities. However, there’s one other thing to consider: your time. Hiring a professional will allow you to spend time doing other things on your to-do list.
3 Reasons to Hire a Pro
1. It may be less expensive in the long run. A professional has the experience to handle the issues that arise in a timely and more cost-effective manner. While you’re watching how-to videos on YouTube or scanning instruction manuals for the right procedure, the professional and his/her team may have already completed the task.
2. One entity is responsible for everything, including materials, labor and budget controls. You won’t have the stress of procuring the right materials and hiring help if necessary. If there are issues with the project, such as delays, etc., you’ll deal directly with the professional.
3. Better chances of high-quality work. When you hire a reputable professional, you can be sure the work will be done to code and high-quality standards. Since they do these types of projects all the time, you can be confident that the finished
Still on the Fence About Hiring A Pro? 5 Things to Consider
1. Do you have the skills and tools to do the work well? If you don’t have the tools or the technical and mechanical aptitude, it’s best to leave your project to the pros.
2. Do you have the time to work on it? If you work full-time, you may only have time to do the work at night and on weekends. Working on the project sporadically will increase the amount of time the entire project will take. While time may not be an issue for smaller projects, the longer it takes to finish large projects, the more of an inconvenience they may become.
3. How extensive is the project? Major projects, particularly those that alter the footprint of the room or entail working with electricity or plumbing, should be handled by a professional.
4. What is the risk involved? Extensive projects often carry bigger risks. For example, if your bathroom renovation involves major plumbing tasks, you may increase the risk of severe water damage if the pieces aren’t properly tightened and installed. Similarly, if your project requires installing electrical wiring, you may increase the risk of fire if it’s not installed correctly. An experienced professional is able to mitigate the risk and ensure everything conforms with the current building codes.
5. Does the project require a permit? Depending on where you live, if a project requires a permit, you may have to hire a professional to complete the work. Contact your local building inspector to learn more about the regulations and permits that may apply to your project.
Need a professional to handle your next renovation? Give me a call and I’ll connect you with a reputable pro in my network
© 2018 Buffini & Company. All Rights Reserved. Used by Permission