Meal Prep Like a Pro
It’s easy to say you want to meal prep, but it’s tough to actually get started. Here’s all you need to know to cook your weekly meals in advance to save time and money and eat more nutritious foods.
Make it Delicious, Nutritious and Track it
Nutritious food can be tasty too. Planning meals in advance helps you be more intentional about the nutrients you consume. Pay attention to what works with your fitness and diet routines. There are several apps you can get on your phone and smartwatch to help you get the most out of your meals.
Meal Prep 101
- Check out food blogs like MyFitnessPal and Delish, and scan Pinterest for recipes and ideas. Compile a list of ingredients you will need to purchase.
- Schedule 2-3 hours to cook each week. Sunday afternoons are common, but choose whatever day complements your schedule.
- When getting started, pick one meal to prepare. If you’re always getting takeout for lunch, start there! Add in the other meals once you have a routine.
- Invest in glass storage containers that are leak-proof, microwavable and will keep food fresh longer.
- Use resealable plastic bags to freeze some of the meals you make so that you can heat them up later.
Overnight Oats: Soak rolled oats overnight in your choice of milk, adding in berries, nut butter, honey, etc. Egg Cups or Egg Muffins Use a muffin tin to bake eggs with add-ins like meat, herbs, spinach, etc.
Egg Cups or Egg Muffins: Use a muffin tin to bake eggs with add-ins like meat, herbs, spinach, etc.
Sesame Chicken Stir Fry: Combine all your veggies and protein in one skillet, then serve over rice.
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad: Layer ingredients in a mason jar to keep greens fresh by leaving the salad dressing on the bottom.
Pulled Pork: Prepare in slow cooker with seasoning and sauce for a few hours. Eat it solo or add a bun to make a sandwich.
Sweet Potato and Quinoa Stew :Combine and use as a base in slow cooker, add in veggies and beans for a hearty, nutritious vegetarian or vegan option.
© 2019 Buffini & Company. All Rights Reserved. RMMK AUGUST EREPORT S
Your Seller Experience
Whether it’s pricing, staging, marketing or negotiating, we know what it takes to sell your home.
Your Buyer Experience
We pride ourselves on sharing our experience and professional service with our clients as we embark on this adventure with you.